Instant Win Promotions Prove Very Effective!
Retail marketers and brand managers who are looking to boost sales or introduce a new product and stimulate trial can’t go past Instant Win Sales Promotions.
In our experience, Australian consumers are drawn to promotions involving ‘Scratch and Win’ or ‘Break Open’ game cards and ‘Peel to Reveal’ on pack label promotions. Instant Win promotions with online or SMS entry facility also work extremely well to stimulate impulse spending.
5 Tips for running a Successful Instant Win Campaign…
1. Legals. Make sure you’ve got the necessary Australian Trade Lottery Permits to run your promotion.
2. Prizes. The more prizes you have, the stronger the response to the promotion will be.
3. Keep it Simple. Effective promotions have a strong call to action. Prospects need to know what they can potential win ‘on the spot’. Make your promotional theme powerful, punchy and fun!
4. Redemption. Ensure that customers can claim their prize quickly. On the spot prize redemption is always the best!
5. Build a Database. Structure your promotion to capture valuable direct marketing data. Include a major prize draw, in addition to the instant win component of your promotion, and make it open to both winners and non – winners alike. As part of your Terms and Conditions of Entry, state that all ‘entrants in to the prize draw may be contacted in future to be advised of on - going offers and special promotions’.
And don’t forget Security!
If you are printing Instant Win game cards, make sure that your prize seeding is meticulously managed to alleviate the risk of over redemption of prize - winning cards. You can also prevent fraud and over redemption by incorporating unique codes into your instant win print or electronic messaging systems eg. Online or SMS - Instant Win promotions. SAM has managed instant Win promotions with valuable live prize winning cards seeded into game card stock. Live prizes have included: Gold Bullions, Cash - Jack Pots, jewellery, wide screen TV’s, stereos and overseas holidays. To alleviate the risk of over redemption we have stringent prepress, production, finishing and logistics processes in place.
Tap into SAM’s expertise…
SAM have managed many successful instant Win promotions for established brands and retailers including: Coca – Cola, BP, Cadbury, Schweppes, Australia Post, Cooper’s, Dunlop, Sleepmaker, Bevilles, Mitre 10, Scholl, STIHL, Village, Swisspers and ATM Solutions and Otter.
SAM can obtain permits, source prizes, design and securely print and seed Instant Win games in a range of formats including: scratch and win cards, break open game cards, peel to reveal labels and uniquely coded coupons and direct mail pieces.
In addition, we can set up electronic Instant Win promotions using SMS and web based systems with random prize draw capabilities.
Marketers requiring further information, or a quotation for an Instant Win style promotion are welcome to contact Peter McKinnon – SAM Sales and Marketing (03) 9646 5644 or email@example.com
Please note: all enquires are treated in strict commercial confidence.
Read more articles